creating audio-cds from .wav-files

Hi,
yesterday I buyed a SB - AWE 64 value Soundblaster-Card
and sucked some sound-programs from debian/slink
I can:
plug in my audio-stereo to the line-in SB
than can
mix the input-pegel with `xmixer'
record the audio-data with `sound-recorder'
and play the generated `XXX.wav' with `splay'
that works pretty funny and Im very happy to get
this running.
But, ...
my target is to bring the .wav - files back to
audio-format to create audio-cd's which I can
run in my "stereo-box-cd-player"
Is there any way to do this, maybe a converting-
program ?
the hint is, if possible, I like to:
1. burn some LP'S to CD's
2. make DEMO-CD's from tape-recording's during
   live or studio-gigs;
   Im musican this, however, will be very highly
   recommended, if possible

Any ideas, or tips
thanks a lot
--