Problems with Maelstrom

I used to play this game for hours and hours on my old Mac LC III.
Anyway, I just discovered that it existed last night, and I'm having a few
problems starting it.  In X, I start it with the -nofade option, and the
load status bar fills up and the game apparently crashes.  The window is
still there, but nothing else happens.

Anybody know why this is happenning?  Anybody figure out how to get
Maelstrom working?

Running Linux 2.0.36 and 2.1.131 (tried both different sound setups), and
the latest slink packages. (Updated basically nightly).

Thanks,
Peter

-------
Peter D. Kovacs                 UIN: 241701
Operator, Perl Programmer, Computer Guy
kovacsp@egr.uri.edu
http://www.egr.uri.edu/~kovacsp/
http://kovax.ml.org/~kovacsp/pubkey.txt