Joystick

I've downloaded, compiled and installed the new Joystick drivers, version
1.2.13. Works fine. I want to try out the joystick in a game, to check it
actually works properly. I have tried quake2, but no matter what I do, I
cannot get quake2 to use the joystick, mainly because I can find no
documentation on how to get quake2 to use a joystick.... If anyone uses a
joystick with quake2, or has done, can you tell me how?

Or, someone could suggest another game which uses a joystick that I could
try.

The main reason I am trying the new drivers, is that is supports my (ICK)
Microsloth Sidewinder Precision Pro, which is fully digital. The test
programs work fine. the `joycal` program in xbase works too.

Please CC replies, I am not currently subscribed.

FWIW, there is a link on www.linuxgames.com and/or www.linuxquake.com to
the drivers. They are to be included in kernel 2.2, and the patch is
available for 2.0.36. It works fine on the debianised 2.0.35.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                 Documentation - The worst part of programming.