Re: Segmentation faults

Thank you for the assistance.
  I am getting the segmentation faults when executing 1) arena 2)xquake
3)squake There may be others.  When squake faults it gives the message "
svgalib: Signal 11: segmentatin fault recieved".  The vast majority of
programs. both x and non x, run fine.  I suspect that there is a problem
with the way some applications are accessing video memory. I tried
running gdb on squake, but it said that it was not in executable format.
Thats somewhat confusing. This is a probably a good time to mention that
I am not a programmer. (Just fearless)
	I have a different video problem that may be related.  Occassionally
the terminal, this does not happen in X, will fill up the white space
(black space) of the screen with machine code.  reset does not fix the
problem.  It does not effect performance,but it annoys me so I ussally
reboot.

I changed the  libvga.config default chipset from  s3 to vga hoping this
might solve these problems. This has not worked.

If this added information has made a light go off in anyones head please
let me know.  Thanks again.

Jeff wrote