Re: dselect-help!!!!!!!

Dear Patrice,

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:43:48 -0500, "Patrice Bertrand"
<pb@sprynet.com> wrote:
> I have installed Linux on my laptop and i have now to use 'dselect' to install X and others packages.

I'm in exactly in the same situation. Installed it last night. I
have a Laptop with PCMCIA modem too. After the setup program I was
absolutely lost. I will probably not be able to help you much, but
maybe we can share our advances.

I installted via the CD. I selected the "secondary controller/first
drive" and to my surprise it worked (without mounting). But now that
the minimal system is installed, I can't find access to the CD any
more. Which /dev should I mount? Unless I figure that out I can't
proceed with dselect.

Also, I can't see my fat32 partitions although I selected the
Win95/Long Filenames option during the install. Where are my other
partitions?

> Problem : i can't find my way and i'm stuck with dselect from the beginning.

Me too.

If someone helps I'm willing to write some documentation (or at
least participate ;-).

	Frank.