Re: Fetchmail lacks diplomacy skills

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Mitch Blevins wrote:

> > # fetchmail
> > Enter password for mark@adam.ist.flinders.edu.au:
> > fetchmail: 7 messages (6 seen) for mark at adam.ist.flinders.edu.au.
> > fetchmail: skipping message 1 not flushed
> > fetchmail: skipping message 2 not flushed
> > fetchmail: skipping message 3 not flushed
> > fetchmail: skipping message 4 not flushed
> > fetchmail: skipping message 5 not flushed
> > fetchmail: skipping message 6 not flushed
> > fetchmail: reading message 7 of 7 (1326 bytes)  (log message incomplete)
> > fetchmail: SMTP connect to destiny.phillips.org.au failed: Connection
> > timed out
> > fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
> > adam.ist.flinders.edu.au
>
> For some reason your MTA is refusing fetchmail delivery or fetchmail
> is getting confused with your domain.

Well I've fixed the problem, I think.  I removed the line in my /etc/hosts
file which said

192.1.1.1       destiny.phillips.org.au        destiny

and now have

127.0.0.1       localhost       destiny

and it seems to work.  The 192.1.1.1 was supposed to be linked to my
ethernet card, but ethernet is not up at the moment, so probably that is
the problem.

Cheers,

Mark.