Re: [exim/fetchmail] A day in the life of an email

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Mike Touloumtzis wrote:

> 3) Set qualify_domain = ist.flinders.edu.au to make your locally
>    generated mail appear to originate from that machine.  This is
>    potentially not necessary if ist.flinders.edu.au accepts mail
>    for *.flinders.edu.au and the MX records are set up correctly
>    in the DNS, but I don't think it can hurt.

Thanks for your help.  Things are almost working.  Only one problem at
the moment.

Setting the qualify_domain to ist.flinders.edu.au works well at making my
email appear to originate from uni.  The only problem is when at home
I email to "mark", the email ends up at my account at uni.  This is not
the desired behaviour.  "mark" is my local username and the email should
have been sent locally.  For some reason it is not.  I presume that
because I addressed the email to "mark" not to "mark@localhost", it
decided to qualify it for me to "mark@ist.flinders.edu.au".

Is there any way of getting it to make the from address appear to be
"mark@ist.flinders.edu.au" while at the same time, allowing "mark"
to be completed as "mark@localhost"?

Cheers,

Mark.