Re: KDE: krdb missing! Help!

David Natkins writes:
>If it helps, I install kdebase out of slink last weekend.  Couldn't find
>krdb either.  I also used the locate command after doing updatedb.
>Nothing.

>From slink? But KDE is not in slink! And did you get it to work
without errors / error messages?

I got this reply from the maintainer of kdebase:

--------8<-------------
> Hi!
> Where can I find the latest KDE debian packages, and which version
> would that be?

There are none and it would be 9807??-1.0

So, apparently, we should just install from the source?
But a while ago someone on the list pointed out that there are debs
at:

ftp://ftp.timsnet.com/pub/kde/pre1.1/19981026

I am downloading as I write... it's a slow server... does anyone else
on the list use that version? What version do you use?