Re: install star-office5.0 on debian (slink)?

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 09:39:42PM -0500, Damir J. Naden wrote:
|Hi, everybody --
|
|I just tried to install newly downloaded so5.0 following their instruction
|(run ./setup form installation directory), but my installation stopped with
|the msg that the disk was full. "df" showed that my / partition was indeed
|100% full, adn I discovered it is due to so5 using /tmp directory (and my
|root partition, which the /tmp is part of, is only 32 Mb).
|My question is:
|a) I would not want to repartition the drive to install this single program.
|Can I get around the /tmp being the directory for the install process?

|Can the above be accomplished by setting some command line path (I'm afraid
|I'm not the programmer) like SET TMP=/usr/local/tmp in my bash shell (slink
|version)?

Yes, I did something similar to install SO 5.0. If you are using csh or
tcsh try to set the environment variable TMP or TEMP (I can't remember
which one) like this: setenv TMP /usr/local/tmp before installing SO.

--
Anthony.        [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.ml.org / ICQ UIN: C30E6 ]