SOLVED: install star-office5.0 on debian (slink)

Hi Jim Pick; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:

> "Damir J. Naden" <dnaden@inforamp.net> writes:
>
> > b)alternatively, can I, temporary, make a link for /tmp to point to
> > /usr/local/tmp and so trick the system long enough to install the so5 in my
> > /home partition? Are there any side effects I should be aware of ( I am
> > planning on getting back to regular /tmp right after)?
>
> Yep, you can put your /tmp on another partition and symlink it without
> side-effects.  Make sure you use the same permissions.
>
> Cheers,
>
>  - Jim

Thank you and other debian user who answered my post. I have symlinked /tmp
to /usr/local/tmp ans SO5 installed without a hitch. Then I just reverted
back by removing link and mkdir /tmp (always keeping the same permissions as
per your suggestion).

Again, thanks

damir