interrupted file transfer

Hi all,
Recently (in the last few weeks) i noticed that some files cannot
be ftp-retrieved completely. It is the case of the file g77_2.91.60-1.deb
whose transfer stopped at 1210340 (96%).
It is not due to the server, since a tried to reget the file from different
debian mirrors, with no success. I also tried to change the ftp-client,
but no luck: i can successfully start or restart transfer for every file
from the distribution, but g77_2.91.60-1.deb cannot be downloaded beyond the
level 1210340 bytes.
Using the program lftp i tried to monitor transfer process in debug mode,
but i gained no useful information.

Can anybody help me to understand what is happening?

thank you

Paolo Pumilia

---- cstc -