Re: Finished with Linux

In linux.debian.user, kaha@coinet.com wrote:

>If you had shared the "stupid messages" with us here, perhaps
>somebody could have told you what they mean and how to fix the
>problem. Strange.. I don't recall you posting once.

>You seem easy to convince. So go on back to your Happy Meal OS.
>If you can't bother asking for help with a problem, or bother reading
>the documentation, don't blame the OS for what you couldn't figure
>out on your own.

Be fair about this:  Edouard posted something controversial and angry:
so did I, when I tried to get printing working on this system.
Printing on single-user machines is a *nightmare* to set up, the docs
range from nearly useless to utterly useless, and while I did get
printing working even I don't really know what I did to fix the
problem.

And I'm no newbie:  this system had been running Linux for over a year
at that point, and I've managed LANs and such for years before that.

I'm not a good enough programmer, but someone needs to generate a
simple printing package for single-user systems that doesn't require
insanely complex installation and configuration to use a Deskjet 500.
Sort of a "leafnode to inn" relationship with the various lpds we have
now.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum