Gnome Panel.

I just downloaded and installed the new Gnome debs from slink, and
tried to run gnome-session, but the Gnome Panel applet loads, but
doesn't finish drawing itself.  it eats up however much processor time
is availiable, but even after sitting for 15+ minutes hasn't done more
than paint the area of the screen it uses grey.  This happens when I run
the panel applet directly as well.  Does anyone have an idea what's
going
on and how to fix it?  thanks.

--Evan

--