Re: no sound until I run doom

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 06:48:33PM -0800, G. Crimp wrote:
> I need help with sound.  If I want to run a music CD (internal CD drive) or
> a cassette (from a walkman plugged into the input jack on the back of the
> sound card) I have first to run doom.  If I don't, I can't hear a thing.
> This is on Deb 1.3.  I assume the same thing is happening on Deb 2.0.  I
> don't have doom installed on Deb 2.0, so I can't test it, but I currently
> can't get any sound out in 2.0.  Anyone know what I have to do to remedy
> this ?

I've been having sound difficulties as well (using hamm).  I haven't tried
running doom but curently catting an .au file is about the only sound that I'm
ever able to hear.  Someone had mentioned something about certain sound files
not being compiled in the kernel so this might be the problem.

--
Evan Parry
nave@azstarnet.com