Re: new libc6 problem?

On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 16:48:06 -0600, Evan Van Dyke wrote:
> Hrrm, I just ran update from w/in dselect, and the new version of libc6
> conflicts with dpkg... and hence pulls out lots of needed utils including
> dpkg...  anyone know what's up?

More aftermath of the __register_frame_info problem. Joel Klecker has done
an NMU of libc6 (which is now installed in the master archive and can be
expected to be propagated to the mirrors soon) which fixes its dependencies
to conflict with the libraries that were compiled with the broken version,
rather than the binaries broken by the problem.

I suggest postponing updating until that libc6 has hit your mirror.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,