Re: help for a future user

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Mitch Blevins wrote:

> >  Allmost debian list is about problems of installation.
> > Would it be so difficult to install Debian?
>
> My opinion is the RedHat is easier to install than Debian.  Also, it
> may be easier to get help with RedHat because it is a more popular
> distribution so you have more people in newgroups with similar questions.

In what way? I have installed debian several times (not just on my box)
without any serious problems...and this was before I really knew linux :)

> My advice would be to dip your toe in the water with RedHat, then come
> to Debian after you've been swimming for a while.
> You wouldn't want to learn to drive in a Ferrari, right? ;)

I always consider this a bad analogy. What is so difficult about debian?
Would it become `easier' if all those cludgy gui config scripts were
available? If so, someone send me the source, and I'll package them
(having debugged them first :p).

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo