Re: procmail ........ (again)

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 02:42:58PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Robert V. MacQuarrie wrote:
>
> > >  :0 ic
> > >  | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* |sed -e 1,32d`
> >
> > Great idea here for new users to procmail and to others aswell who test
> > new procmail recipes (-:
> >

> Hopefully, more people will be using Exim and find no need for procmail.
> Exim's filter files are in plain language and much easier to look at a
> year later and realize what you did.  Just say no to procmail.

Exim's filters are easy to read, but they don't seem to be as powerful
as procmail. I'd love to be wrong about that statement so I could switch
everything to exim. How do you remove messages with duplicate message
id's in exim?

from .procmail:

  # remove duplicate messages, ie. to me and mailing list
  :0 Wh: msgid.lock
  | formail -D 32768 $MAILDIR/cache.msgid

You may not think dropping these messages is a good idea, but when a
mailing list gets hosed and spews several copies of every message I like
it.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com