Re: procmail ........ (again)

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 02:42:58PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Robert V. MacQuarrie wrote:
>
> > >  :0 ic
> > >  | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* |sed -e 1,32d`
> >
> > Great idea here for new users to procmail and to others aswell who test
> > new procmail recipes (-:
> >

> Hopefully, more people will be using Exim and find no need for procmail.
> Exim's filter files are in plain language and much easier to look at a
> year later and realize what you did.  Just say no to procmail.

Another possible problem; if your .forward file is group writable,
smail will run it as user `nobody'. This is far less useful than it sounds,
because nobody can't write to your folders, and your mail tends to
disappear into the bit bucket.

There is always `sortmail'; it's not very powerful but I like it. My
configuration for the debian lists is as simple as

set folder='Mail'
/hamish/t:m
/debian-announce/h:m
/debian-devel-announce/h:m
/debian-private/h:+debian-private
/debian-changes/h:+debian-changes
/debian-devel-changes/h:+debian-devel-changes
/debian-devel/h:+debian-devel
/debian-user/h:+debian
/debian-policy/h:+debian-policy
/debian-mentors/h:+debian-mentors