Re: procmail ........ (again)

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> Phillip Neumann wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Ok, i still cannot use procmail.
> > .forward
> > ````````````````````````
> > |exec /usr/bin/procmail
> > ``````````````````````````
I use this line in my .forward file. NOTE this is all 1 line:

"|IFS=' ' && p=/usr/bin/procmail && test -f $p && exec $p -Yf- || exit 75 #your-user-name"

>  When playing with procmail for the first time, it is good to make a
>  'Safety Net' to prevent you from losing emails.  Add the following to
>  the beginning of your .procmailrc
>  # Safety Net
>  :0 c
>  backup
>  :0 ic
>  | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* |sed -e 1,32d`

Great idea here for new users to procmail and to others aswell who test
new procmail recipes (-:

>  I don't have much more helpful to add except that it looks like you
>  wanted 'From' where you have 'TO' in your above example.  Here is a
>  snippet from my .procmailrc

Still may not work.. look at the 'From' line on the debian lists.. it is
from the sender and not the list. Try to use a header line that remains
constaint like the X-Mailing-List from all debian lists.

:0:

>  -Mitch

--Rob