Re: dselect problem on install

Allens wrote:
> When I installed from Cheep Bites I couldn't create the XF86Config file,
> although the setup carried on.  The only slight problem I have had since
> is I can't run XF86Setup.  (What a shame, as I would run xf86config
> anyway)
> (It mucks up my screen putting everything in
> 	This
> 		Sort
> 			Of
> 				Format
>  					Here.)
>
> I think there is something wrong with the cheep bytes cd, as this is the
> third instance of this I have seen on this news group.
> 	The only difference with the install that I could think of that could
> cause your problem apart from an obscure hardware thing I can think of
> is that I chose the 'Custom Setup' and al so used dselect to remove all
> the packages I didn't need.  If this doesn't help, I have no idea what
> is wrong.

My installation did the same thing with the CheapBytes CD.
I did several installs with it.  One solution was to just install
the base system during the install phase and then use dselect to add
the packages I needed. (was time consuming)
Another solution was to change to a VT and kill the hanging process each
time it hung just to get thru the install (also time consuming).

So, what is the lesson we have learned?
AVOID THE CHEAPBYTES HAMM CDs.

-Mitch