Netscape 4.05 Startup Problem under Debian 2.0

I have upgraded form Debian 1.3 to Debian 2.0. Now I have problems with
Netscape 4.05 startup.
The following error message appears in the xterm window from where I call
Netscape:

      ./netscape: can't load library 'libXpm.so.4'

'libXpm.so.4' is a symlink in '/usr/X11R6/lib' and points to
'libXpm.so.4.10' in the same directory.
Even a complet reinstallation of Debian 2.0 and Netscape 4.05 didn't help
anyway.

Who can tell me where the problem is and how I can solve it ?

Now I have to use Windows 95 to access the web. That's impossible !!!

Thanks a lot for any help.

Rudi