Re: exim

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 08:12:10AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 02:17:28AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > My only question: can I have my filter deliver messages into
> > /var/spool/mail/hamish? I got a lockfile error whenever it tries to deliver
> > them; I had to make a folder in my home directory for my new mail. Which
> > isn't the end of the world, but it'd be nice to use the main mail file.
>
>     Hrm...  I think if you don't have a message filtered at all it should
> automatically go into the mail file.  However, I can think of reasons why
> you would want to put it there earlier than the end of the filter file.  ;)

Really? The manual didn't quite say that, I thought. It knows that
the message is undelievered at the end, but nothing says that means it
will go to my mailbox ...

Brian points out that 'deliver hamish' will do it. I didn't read the fine
print and assumed that would create loops. It's working now.

Hamish