gpm and X

I've run into a rather strange problem with gpm and X.  I can tell X to
use /dev/gpmdata, and the mouse responds fine except for the middle mouse
button.  In X, the middle mouse button appears to cut out after pressed,
even if I hold it down.  For example, when I press ctrl and the middle
mouse button in an xterm, I can see the menu, but when I move the mouse,
the menu disappears.  I can make the mouse work correctly in X by
disability gpm and telling X to use /dev/ttyS0 at it's device.  In the gpm
man page, these is this line:

..or  the  single-open limitation is removed from the kernel

Would this solve the problem and allow X to use /dev/ttyS0 at the same
time gpm is?  If so, how do I do this?  If not, is there an option to send
to gpm to fix the problem in X?  Tia.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."