Re: No netconfig tool in debian?

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 01:16:18AM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

 : seems to be that Debian is the only Linux distribution which don't have
 : its own network configuration tool. If you didn't configure all correctly
 : at installation time, you have to look at many files, which can be quite
 : ennerving and error prone.
 :
 : Now the installation script exists, and it seems to be easy (for a
 : programmer -- alas I am to much a newbie in this field) to clip the
 : network config part out and get a standalone script.
 :
 : There are so many nifty configuration utilities in Debian, so I wonder
 : why just such a thing is missing.

ATM, there is indeed no nice program to reconfig your network. Though, the
file which sets all the stuff, /etc/init.d/network, is imho *that* simple,
that you could change it yourself, w/o help of a program.

If you need help on a specific thing, I'll be glad to do so.

Regards,
 -Remco