VM and mail folders

Hi list!
I have a problem with VM. When I start it up, it moves all mail from
/var/spool/mail/daniel to ~/INBOX, which is fine, since that voids the
issue of the mailbox being written to while it is open.
But I also have other mail folders with mail from e.g. this list. What
I want is for that mail to also automatically be moved to other
INBOXes when I open them. As it is now, When I have my debian folder
open too long, I can't save it, 'cause new mail has been written to it
meanwhile. Of course, one could probably just suspend fetchmail at VM
startup, then restart it on quitting VM, but that's rather ugly.
So if anyone on the list knows how to create alternative INBOXes and
automatically move mail to them, I would be very happy.