No netconfig tool in debian?

Hi all,

seems to be that Debian is the only Linux distribution which don't
have its own network configuration tool. If you didn't configure all
correctly at installation time, you have to look at many files, which
can be quite ennerving and error prone.

Now the installation script exists, and it seems to be easy (for a
programmer -- alas I am to much a newbie in this field) to clip the
network config part out and get a standalone script.

There are so many nifty configuration utilities in Debian, so I wonder
why just such a thing is missing.

Greetings,
joachim