Re: screenshot

[ on trying to make a screen shot from an xdm login screen ]

> try setting the DISPLAY var
> with export DISPLAY=:0.0

That is not the problem.  Both with xwd and xv I explicitly specified
the display with the -display option (also tried DISPLAY variable).  To
be able to do that I had to give an xhost +localhost command in
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0.  The problem with xwd is that it does not seem
to do anything useful unless run from the screen it is grabbing.  The
problem with xv is that I cannot issue the necessary commands if it
runs on the screen where the xdm login screen runs.

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032