Re: procmail ........ (again)

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:

 : On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 10:44:59PM +0000, Gossamer wrote:
 : > Actually you don't need ANY .forward fo rprocmail to work, as long as
 : > you have a .procmailrc file in your homedir.  Debian uses is as a
 : > user-agent.
 :
 :     Bad assumption as Exim does not use it at all.  And since, IIRC, Phil is
 : using Exim, he would either have to use Exim's filtering (which has been
 : suggested to him several times now) or use the .forward method.

No Debian MTA comes preconfigured to use procmail that I know of ...
sendmail certainly doesn't (though adding it is no big deal).  We use
exim on our hub machines, and I've hated smail since I saw it, so I
can't comment on it at all.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD