Re: autofs

*- Jiri Baum wrote about "autofs"
> Hello,
>
> I tried to use autofs, but it says "Error: autofs support not available".
>
> I assume it can't find /lib/modules/2.0.34/fs/autofs.o which is correct
> because it doesn't exist.
>
> Where would I get one, please?
>

> BTW, is there any difference between autofs and amd? I want something to
> automount a floppy disk (with a vicious unmount timeout, so that users can
> simply eject the floppy disk without worrying about it).
>

> Thank you
>
> Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>

Yes autofs and amd are different. Can't tell you much more than that.

In autofs you can set a timeout for the unmount of the drive.  There is
a autofs-HOWTO in the works at:
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Amd_AutoFS/autofs-HOWTO.html

Probably your best bet would be to try the supermount kernel patch.
http://www.linuxhq.com/patch/20-p0807.html. It flushes the disk buffer
after every write so it is safe to eject the disk at anytime.  The
patch is for the 2.0.32 kernel but should work with later kernels.(I
used in under 2.0.34)

--
Brian
							   - unknown