compile error with a source package

Hello there, I got a source package for my hp scanjet scanner and tried to
compile it.  I'm new at programming or fixing code.  I was wondering if
you could give me some pointers where to look to fix the error,  I am also
going to give you the lsm of the package that I am trying to compile.
Thanks
Paul
LSM file
Begin3
Title:		hpscan - HP ScanJet (Plus) low level device driver
Version:	0.1.1.8
Entered-date:	09OCT95
		HP ScanJet Plus scanners. This driver should behave mostly
		like the HPSCAN device for DOS.
Keywords:	HP ScanJet HPSCAN