Re: Strange encoding official CD from Linuxpress

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 gustaf.erikson@nb.se wrote:

[ snip ]

 : The permissions are whacked! And the file README is a symlink to something,
 : yet it appears to be an executable. All symlinks had this "feature", making
 : upgrading a potential disaster.
 :
 : The source CD had the same problem, but the Extras CD was OK.
 :
 : I've compiled the kernel with FAT32 support, but the CD should be Rock
 : Ridge. I tried mounting it without the RR support (mount -t iso9660 -o
 : norock) but it didn't change anything.

mount -t iso9660 -o nojoliet /dev/hbd /cdrom

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD