Strange encoding official CD from Linuxpress

Hi all,

I shelled out good money (Swedish) to purchase the official 2.0
distribution from Linuxpress. However, as soon as I mounted the CD to begin
the upgrade, strange things appeared when I did this:

[root]:~# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /cdrom
mount: block device /dev/hdb is write-protected, mounting read-only
[root]:~# ls -l /cdrom/
total 14
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root          263 Jul 24 04:14 <translation
table>
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2596 Jul 24 04:14 README
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2048 Jul 24 04:14 boot
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2048 Jul 24 04:13 debian
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2048 Jul 24 04:14 install
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2048 Jul 24 04:14 tools
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root         2048 Jul 17 17:33 upgrade
[root]:~#

The permissions are whacked! And the file README is a symlink to something,
yet it appears to be an executable. All symlinks had this "feature", making
upgrading a potential disaster.

The source CD had the same problem, but the Extras CD was OK.

I've compiled the kernel with FAT32 support, but the CD should be Rock
Ridge. I tried mounting it without the RR support (mount -t iso9660 -o
norock) but it didn't change anything.

Has anyone had the same problem? I tried searching the archives, the
websites for Debian and Linuxpress, and Dejanews, but couldn't find
anything.

TIA,

/g.

P.S. If any cruft is attached to this message, blame Lotus Notes -- I'm
posting from work.