Re: Alt Key no longer functions

Run XF86Setup.

You think, "But I already had a working X config file."

Run XF86Setup anyway.

Don't run xmodmap until you check how the new keys function and verify
which ones to modify. On my system backspace deletes to the left and
delete deletes to the right in every app I use. (Unfortunately things
don't work quite so well when I login to HP systems at work.) Alt works
in xemacs. I just tried Alt-Backspace and it works just like backspace.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com