Re: Symbolic bookmark link

Cristov Russell hat gesagt: // Cristov Russell wrote:

> I'm dual booting Debian and Win98 and using Netscape in both.  What I'd like
> to do is have the same bookmarks available in both.  I thought the best way
> to achieve this would be to make a symlink from the mounted win directory to
> my netscape directory.  After doing this, if I open tkdesk and look at the
> file information in my home directory it says that the symlink is broken.
> How do I fix this?  Is there another tactic I should use?  Perhaps a script
> that modifies the files at boot and shutdown?  That idea seems much more
> involved and more prone to error.

Try to set the location of your bookmark file in your preferences. You will
have to edit ~/.netscape/preferences.js and change the line:

user_pref("browser.bookmark_file", "/home/YOUR_NAME/.netscape/bookmarks.html");

to point to your Win98-bookmarks like:

user_pref("browser.bookmark_file", "/windows/Netscape/bookmarks.html");

Make sure you have write acces to your DOS partition.
--
                                                     __    __
 Frank Barknecht           ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______