Suggestions for implementing xntp

I have installed the xntp package, and managed to configure it to connect to
a time server all right. It seems that the deamon only works on boot up in
the default configuration, for my log file shows no activity ever since. The
documentation is very thorough, but also very general.
I was hoping that someone could supply some idea of how to operate it
periodically like once a day, maybe from cron, or so.
I have a permanent Internet link, so that should be no problem.

Thanks a lot up front.

Erik van der Meulen <erik.van.der.meulen@cmg.nl>

  CMG Bedrijfsinformatiesystemen B.V.
  Postbus 91 / 1180 AB / Amstelveen