RE: Debugging multithreaded program on Debian

What you are doing wrong is compiling an app to debug it w/ optimizations.
This may not be causing your problem (I have never tried to use ddd).  However
-g and -O? is not guaranteed to work well.  It works, but the results are not
well defined.  To debug just use -g, then once it is working turn off the -g
and recompile w/ loads of optimizations.