Re: Debian on Notebooks

Hi,

   :> The Acer notebook uses a very nice Neo magic video card.  The only thing
   :> that is not nice about this video card is that it is not supported by
   :> Xfree 3.3.2.
   :>
   :> The Neo magic card is supported by Xfree 3.3.3 but that is not generally
   :> avaiable in distributions.
   :
   :xserver-neomagic is available as a Debian package
   :(dists/frozen/non-free/binary-i386/x11/xserver-neomagic_1.1.0-1-1.deb).

   However this is not the most recent version :) (although I can't see any
   difference between XBF and XFCom servers on my Omnibook 3000)
   Works well for me, a little slow to startup, and takes a nice chunk of
   RAM, but that's to be expected :)
   I thought Neomagic wouldn't release specs so XFree couldn't incorporate
   support for the cards?

If the name is XFCom, that means it's XFree compatible and will be
included in the nex XF release. XB means binary only server.

OK