Re: Debian on Notebooks

:> The Acer notebook uses a very nice Neo magic video card.  The only thing
:> that is not nice about this video card is that it is not supported by
:> Xfree 3.3.2.
:>
:> The Neo magic card is supported by Xfree 3.3.3 but that is not generally
:> avaiable in distributions.
:
:xserver-neomagic is available as a Debian package
:(dists/frozen/non-free/binary-i386/x11/xserver-neomagic_1.1.0-1-1.deb).

However this is not the most recent version :) (although I can't see any
difference between XBF and XFCom servers on my Omnibook 3000)
Works well for me, a little slow to startup, and takes a nice chunk of
RAM, but that's to be expected :)
I thought Neomagic wouldn't release specs so XFree couldn't incorporate
support for the cards?

---
Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you
don't think.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key