Re: Some Questions - Cont'd

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Jimmy wrote:
>
> > Now, the million dollar question is how do I see the files on the drive? And
> > if I want to use dpkg or dselect to install something what is the path to
> > the drive?
> >
> > I'm beginning to think fondly of DOS here...so help...please.
> >

> >From the looks of it, the zip drive is /dev/sda
>
> If the disk is a single partition, it would be /dev/sda1

Zip drives have a habit of being useful via partition 4.

the command you want would be,  `mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /[mount point]`
change the [mount point] to where you wish to mount the drive, I use
/mnt/zip. Also, change the type from 'vfat' to the relevant fs type. I
imagine that to begin with, your disks would have been formatted in
windows.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

        "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981
        "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."       -- Bill Gates, 1996
        "Nobody will ever need Windows 95."       -- logical conclusion