Re: [HalloweenII] RedHat and Debian:

Laurent PICOULEAU <lcrpic@a2points.com> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 12:22:39AM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> > On 6 Nov 1998, Peter Makholm wrote:
> >

> > > Falling by the wayside?
> >
> > He also compares Debian to Slackware as having to "roll your own" stuff.
> > As if Debian does not have a package manager. It looks like the Microsoft
> > people think that rpm is the only Linux package manager.
> >

> But how could they think of dselect or YaST (SuSE management tool) as
> package manager : none of them are point and click ? ;-)

that's why I can maintain a Debian machine over the network while I
have to walk over a red-hat one to do the same....

Oh, damn the Macintosh! They are those who started all this mess :-)

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.1.126 #4 Wed Nov 4 20:50:51 CET 1998 i586 unknown