Re: Netscape3 install

Hi Rich

>Thanks to Doug, I got the netscape3 tar file, and I've installed it, but
>it won't let me run as root for security reasons.  As I am the only user
>on my computer, I always login as root (I know this is considered 'bad',
>but it is far more convenient for me).
>
>I remember having a similar problem on an old computer, and it got fixed,
>probably thanks to you guys :-), so can anyone tell me how to fix this
>(without changing to another user - eg I would still want to save
>downloaded files to /root).

I am as well the only user on my computer but never login as root. As I am
always working on X (like you I imagine), whenever I need to do something as
root, I open a new xterm window and download or run or whatever I need to
do. I recommend you to do so as well in order to not having to reinstall
everything (this happened to me once) if you delete or change something you
shouldn't.