Netscape3 install

Thanks to Doug, I got the netscape3 tar file, and I've installed it, but
it won't let me run as root for security reasons.  As I am the only user
on my computer, I always login as root (I know this is considered 'bad',
but it is far more convenient for me).

I remember having a similar problem on an old computer, and it got fixed,
probably thanks to you guys :-), so can anyone tell me how to fix this
(without changing to another user - eg I would still want to save
downloaded files to /root).

Cheers
Rich