Re: how do you recompile the kernel?

>> "r" == roadrun37  <roadrun37@mindspring.com> writes:

r> The SoundBlaster-Awe mini told me to do : make-pkg ... (something
r> like that) i couldn't.

Maybe you don't have the kernel-package package installed. Check with
dpkg -s kernel-package . It is in the admin section, if you need to
install it.

r> Does anyone else have this problem?  Can someone give me an answer?

modprobe -a is missing IIRC. Still, better yuse the kernel-package.

r> (preferably someone with a Debian system?)

Well on a Debian mailinglist, the probability to find someone who uses
Debian is quite high, I believe :-)

Ciao,
	Martin