Re: Emacs command line option

> The second point is that I don't want emacs to always use
> auto-fill-mode but only if it is invoked by mutt.
> But I noticed that the auto-fill-mode breaks always at 70 chars. Even
> if I try to override the value. Strange thing.

here's what I have in my ~/.muttrc to accomplish the auto-fill-mode
when emacs is invoked from mutt.

set editor="emacs -nw %s --eval '(setq make-backup-files nil) (auto-fill-mode)'"

though all you really need is:

set editor="emacs %s --eval '(auto-fill-mode)'"

HTH,
  .adam

--
   Adam Lazur - Computer Engineering Undergrad - Lehigh University
              icq# 3354423 - http://www.lehigh.edu/~ajl4

 "After all, how do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when
  you know that if you throw it into a room with truth, you'd risk a
  matter/anti-matter explosion."
      -from N. Petreley's column, "Down to the Wire",  9/96 issue of
       Inforworld