Re: Emacs command line option

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998, dpk wrote:

> Create a ~/.emacs file with the following lines:
> (setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'auto-fill-mode 70)

I tried it and it didn`t work. As I don't understand it I can't say
why. (I'm using v20.2.2)
The second point is that I don't want emacs to always use
auto-fill-mode but only if it is invoked by mutt.
But I noticed that the auto-fill-mode breaks always at 70 chars. Even
if I try to override the value. Strange thing.

> If you plan on using emacs a lot, I would install dotfile-emacs... It
> is a good starting point to customizing emacs.  Hope this helps!

I'll try out it, but I think I will have to read the docs if I really
want to understand Emacs (and I do). Is there somewhere some kind of
'Getting started with Emacs'-guide on the net?

Regards
Mika

--
Mika Fischer <mika_fischer@gmx.net>