Re: Catch-22 - Help!

You can always (under win95) go to the debian ftp site and download
any .deb package, then boot linux and mount the windows partition.
Then cd to the directory with the .deb and do a dpkg -i filename.deb.
My system has a windows partition, and I have that listed in my
/etc/fstab so it is mounted at bootup (I called that directory mount
point /C:).  If I do a full backup under linux, I also back up windows!