Re: apropos in man corrupted ! - howto fix ?

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 10:59:50AM -0800, Geoffrey L. Brimhall wrote:
> At some point, my apropos has gotten corrupted so that it never returns
> anything.
>
> I've tried un-installing man-db, and re-installing it, but it apropos still
> does not work.
>
> Though I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, when I issue 'catman' as
> super-user, I get the following error:

	I don't know if this is related to a man problem I had or not.
Trying to use man with any command caused a segmentation fault.  I was told
on this list to do `mandb --create'.  This process generated many error
messages, but man started working again.

	HTH,

	Gerald