ppp questions.

Hi.

Just loaded Debian 2.0 and configured my
isp connection with pppconfig and everything
works, but there are some differences from
my previous 1.3.1 installation.

First, in the messages there is a notice that
says 'Cannot determine ethernet address for
Proxy ARP'.  I'm somewhat unclear as to what
this means to the status of my connection,
although the connection is made at the maximum
speed (53K) and seems to be very stable.

Second, there seems to be many more 'errors:' and
'dropped:' in the RX packets row using ifconfig.
My old Debian 1.3.1 had almost no errors, but
the new Debian 2.0 collects many more
errors: and dropped: .  The errors seems to
occur about every 55-60 packets received.

Have I misconfigured something?

thanks,

tony mollica
tmollica@thegrid.net