Re: how do I extract a 2.6 gigabyte .tar.gz file ?

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 12:53:53AM -0800, Keith Beattie wrote:
> Darxus wrote:
> > >
> > > Where on earth did you store this file? I could've sworn the ext2fs
> > > had a 2GB/file limit on it? Certainly all the file utilities do. It
> >
> > fat32 filesystem.

> Hang on a second here, if the file exceeds the size limit of the file
> system, how did it get there in the first place?  If nothing in libc
> can grok it, what created it?

Perhaps it's still ON the fat32 file system.

Mind you, it's a bit of a worry we are being outdone by Windows.
A 2Gb limit is almost unreasonable these days; I have some 400-500Mb
MPEG video files here, so a 2Gb one isn't out of the question,
especially with DVD.

Hamish