Re: how do I extract a 2.6 gigabyte .tar.gz file ?

Hi!

Darxus (darxus@Op.Net):
> > | Any more ideas ?  :)
> >
> > Only thing I can think of is getting access to a 64-bit machine,
> > decompressing the file there, tarring the contents off to tape and
> > then restoring them on your machine. Or at least putting them into
> > sub-2GB chunks before taking them back.

I don't know how to get it there, but you might be able to read it from a
raw device (/dev/hdd /dev/nst0 ...)

Maybe this works: Since you have it on fat32: defragment this file, find
where it is located and use dd if=/dev/hd?? skip=XX count=YY | zcat | tar...

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB